Report a Crime Online
Saskatoon Police Service Blog
Find us on Facebook
Saskatoon Police on YouTube
Saskatoon Crime Stoppers
Online Fine Payment
Search for Stolen Vehicles/Bicycles

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How do I report...

  1. Report an emergency?
  2. Report a non-emergency?
  1. Report a drug house?
  2. Report a missing person?
  3. Report a stolen bike?
  4. Report a used needle that I have found?
  5. Report a vehicle collision?
  6. Report an impaired driver?
  7. Report child pornography on-line?
  8. Report graffiti?
  9. Report that someone has parked in my private parking space?
  10. Report threatening or harassing phone calls?

How do I protect...

  1. Protect my business?
  2. Protect my children from internet risks?
  3. Protect my home?
  4. Protect my vehicle?
  5. Protect myself from fraud?

How do I...

  1. Apply for a Criminal Record Check?
  2. Apply for a Firearms License?
  3. Apply for Special Duty Policing?
  4. Determine the outcome of a court case?
  5. Find the answer regarding a Tenant/Landlord inquiry?
  6. Pay my fine online?
  7. Prevent false alarms?
  8. Receive assistance regarding a spouse/common law separation property dispute?
  9. Request a Police Report?
  10. Retrieve a vehicle from the City Impound Lot?
  1. File a complaint against the Saskatoon Police Service or a particular police officer?
  2. Give a compliment to the Saskatoon Police Service or a particular police officer?

Report an emergency?

Dial 9-1-1 for police, fire or medical emergencies when immediate action is required: a life or property is in danger, a crime is in progress, or you have a medical emergency.

If you are unsure how serious an incident is, dial 9-1-1 and the call-taker will advise whether or not it is an emergency.  If it is not an emergency, they will ask you to call back on the non-emergency line.

When calling 9-1-1, stay calm.  You will be connected to a call-taker at a public safety answering point. When your call is answered, the call-taker will automatically see a display of your phone number and address or land location (cell phones do not provide name, number or location). To ensure the proper response to the emergency, you will be asked:

  • The nature of your emergency – the call-taker will determine what agency you require (police, fire or ambulance),
  • To verify the address or land location you are calling from – where is the emergency?
  • To verify the telephone number you are calling from.

The 911 call-taker will stay on the line and connect you to the appropriate dispatch agency for fire, police or ambulance. Stay on the line and follow instructions.
Call-takers are trained to ask specific questions.  Please answer the question the best that you can. While call-takers are asking you questions, the information is being relayed via computer to dispatchers while emergency personnel are on their way to help you. By providing clear information about the nature of the emergency, you will help ensure a fast and efficient response. 

On rare occasions, you may get a recorded message when dialing 9-1-1. DO NOT HANG UP. Your call will be answered as soon as a call-taker is available. All 9-1-1 calls are recorded.

Saskatoon Police Service Communications Section is the PSAP (Public Safety Answering Point) for the central portion of the province. Other PSAP’s in the province are Regina and Prince Albert.

If you call 9-1-1 accidentally, stay on the line and tell the call-taker is was an accident.   If you hang up, we don’t know if you are okay and we will have to call back or send police to check on you. 

  • Don’t program 9-1-1 into your telephone.
  • Keep your cell phone in a safe place to prevent accidental calls.
  • Never dial 9-1-1 as a joke.
  • Do not call 9-1-1 for general inquiries.
  • Always keep cordless phones fully charged.
  • Teach children how to use 9-1-1 properly. It is not a toy.

Deaf and hearing/speech impaired callers can dial 9-1-1 through TTY (telephone typewriter) units. Callers who do not have TTY should dial 9-1-1 from a landline telephone. Do not hang up. 

Payphones provide free access to the 9-1-1 system.

Report a non-emergency?

Call 306-975-8300

306-975-8300 is to be used for all non-emergency situations, where an immediate response or dispatch of the police is not required. This can include circumstances that you feel are suspicious or crimes where the offender has left.

The use of the non-emergency reporting line helps to keep the 9-1-1 lines available for people reporting an emergency situation.

Report a drug house?

Please phone Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 and explain what you've seen at a particular address, or call the Saskatoon Integrated Drug Unit at 306-975-8345 and speak to an investigator. Either way, your identity will remain anonymous.

Report a missing person?

Call 306-975-8300

Further information about the process of reporting a missing person is available at:

Report a stolen bike?

Reports for theft of bike without a suspect can, and are recommended to be done online. Once your serial number has been entered into our computer system, if your bike is located, you will be contacted.

If you have already reported the theft/loss contact Lost & Found 306-975-8213
Lost & Found is open to the public between 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (closed on Public and Civic Holidays)
Lost & Found is located at 330 Ontario Avenue
All lost articles turned into the City of Saskatoon or Saskatoon Police Service is retained at the Lost & Found Department.

Report a used needle that I have found?

Report to the Needle Pickup Line 306-975-3030.

Report a vehicle collision?

If you are involved in a motor vehicle collision that meets all these conditions:

  • no one is physically injured
  • all involved vehicles can still be safely driven
  • all of the vehicles are registered in Saskatchewan
  • there is no indication anyone was engaged in criminal driving activities (ie: impaired driving, hit & run)

Move the damaged vehicles off the roadway to avoid impeding traffic. Exchange information at the side of the road. Information required from the individuals involved includes:

  • driver's licence number
  • vehicle licence plate number
  • current time, date, and location

Report the incident directly to Saskatchewan Government Insurance without notifying the police. SGI can receive the information via the Dial-a-Claim service at 306-683-2100, or on their website at

If any of the above conditions are not met (someone is injured, at least one vehicle is not drivable, at least one vehicle is from outside Saskatchewan, or you suspect criminal activity), you must call the Saskatoon Police Service at 306-975-8300 to have an officer attend.

Please consider your safety, and the public's safety, when waiting for an officer to arrive. If you can safely move your vehicle off the roadway to avoid impeding traffic, please do so.

Anytime you are involved in a collision with another vehicle, person or private property, you are legally obligated to provide your contact information, including driver's license number and vehicle license plate number, to anyone else involved. Failure to do so is an offense and you may be charged.

Hit & Run Collisions

If you, or your property, are struck by a vehicle and that vehicle or its operator leaves the scene without providing the necessary information, you must report the matter to the Saskatoon Police Service before SGI can process your claim. Reports can be made at the Service Center (front desk) of the Saskatoon Police Service headquarters building located at 76 - 25th Street East daily from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm.

Anytime you are involved in a collision where someone is hurt, the offending vehicle flees the scene, or you suspect another driver may be impaired or engaged in other criminal activity, dial 911 and report the matter immediately. Whenever possible, provide a description of the vehicle (including make, model, style of vehicle, color, distinguishing characteristics, license plate number) as well as the location and last known direction of travel, and a description of the occupant(s) if possible. Your assistance in providing as much information is greatly appreciated and may assist the investigation.

Report an impaired driver?

Call 9-1-1

Additional information about the RID (Report Impaired Drivers) program can be found here.

Report child pornography on-line?

If you know about a child who is in immediate danger or risk, call 9-1-1 or 306-975-8300.

Sexual exploitation of children can be reported on-line at

Report graffiti?

Reporting Graffiti (after the fact):

  • Report the graffiti online
  • Once the report has been reviewed, the Anti Graffiti Unit (AGU) Detective Constable will catalogue/photograph the graffiti.
  • Remove the graffiti promptly, but only after the AGU has called to confirm the photos have been taken. (Note: the AGU does not remove the graffiti, it is the home/property owners responsibility to do so)

Reporting Graffiti in progress:

  • Call 9-1-1
  • Stay on the line with the call taker and keep the suspects in sight without putting yourself in danger.
  • Attempt to get a physical description as well as clothing description of the suspects.
  • Indicate the graffiti tools the suspects are using (i.e. marker, spray).

Report that someone has parked in my private parking space?

Call Parking Office 306-975-8344 Open Mon-Sat 8:00am - 11:00pm 9:00am - 5:00pm Sunday. Police do not have the authority to tow vehicles from private property, however, tickets for private parking can be issued by the parking commissionaires.

Questions about an issued parking ticket(s)? 306-975-2400 at City Hall.

Report threatening or harassing phone calls?

Trace 5 calls using *57. Keep a log detailing the date/time/anything said. Once the 5th call has been traced, attend to the service centre of the police station to file a report and the investigating officer will contact SaskTel security for the traced information.

If you are in immediate danger, call Police Communications 306-975-8300 or 9-1-1.

Protect my business?

Information for businesses on preventing and reporting crime can be found here.

Protect my children from internet risks?

Tips and information about Internet Safety can be found here.

Protect my home?

Information on Home Security can be found here.

Protect my vehicle?

Information on vehicle theft prevention can be found at

Protect myself from fraud?

Information and tips on how to protect yourself from fraud can be found on the Economic Crime Section page.

Additional information on how to recognize and identify frauds and scams can be found here.

Apply for a Criminal Record Check?

Information on how to have a Criminal Record Check completed can be found here.

Apply for a Firearms License?

Call RCMP Firearms Office 1-800-731-4000 or 306-975-4487 or their website at

Apply for Special Duty Policing?

Information on applying for Policing Services for an event can be found on the Special Event Policing page

Determine the outcome of a court case?

Phone the court clerk at the Provincial Court House at 306-933-7052.

Find the answer regarding a Tenant/Landlord inquiry?

Contact the Rentalsman Office 306-933-5680

Pay my fine online?

Summary Offence Tickets issued in the Province of Saskatchewan can be paid on the Saskatchewan Justice website.

Prevent false alarms?

Information for false alarm prevention can be found via the False Alarm Reduction Association at

Receive assistance regarding a spouse/common law separation property dispute?

Contact a lawyer. Police will assist with the retrieval of personal property only - clothing, personal hygiene items, medications, etc.

Request a Police Report?

Call the Criminal Occurrence Security Check Office during regular office hours
8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday-Friday (Closed stats)
After hours please leave a message and we will be happy to return your call.

Retrieve a vehicle from the City Impound Lot?

All seized vehicles will be stored at the City's Impound Lot located at 150 Jonathon Avenue in the Holiday Park Industrial Area. Residents may call the Impound Lot 24 hours a day at 306-657-8526 for information on their impounded vehicle.

Full payment of outstanding convictions and costs must be made to ensure no further action will be taken. If parking fines and impound fees are paid at City Hall, a receipt indicating full payment is required for retrieval of a seized vehicle from the Impound Lot located at 150 Jonathon Avenue.

Payment for parking fines can be made online. Payment for parking fines and impound costs can be made in person at:

City Hall (cash or debit only) - 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, except holidays or
City's Impound Lot - 150 Jonathon Avenue (debit or credit card only) - 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, except holidays.

File a complaint against the Saskatoon Police Service or a particular police officer?

Members of the public wishing to make a complaint regarding police have three options to choose from. 
1.  The Saskatoon Police Service Professional Standards Branch at 306-975-8300
2.  The Saskatchewan Public Complaints Commission  or call 1-866-256-6194
3.  The FSIN's Special Investigations Unit at 1-877-353-3746 or 306-665-2240

Give a compliment to the Saskatoon Police Service or a particular police officer?

Your feedback is critical and we encourage you to let us know when you want to recognize the officers that serve and protect you. Please send an email outlining the date, time, and circumstances leading to your compliment to or mail a letter containing the information to:

Chief Clive Weighill
Saskatoon Police Service
Box 1728
Saskatoon, SK
S7K 3R6